Autopilot servo position feedback

nigelspeedy

I am installing a Dynon Skyview with autopilot in my RV-8 and was wondering if it is possible to use the AP servos for display/reading of the flight control positions. I was thinking of using this method to measure control positions during stability and control testing at various cg. If possible it would be easier to use a 'sensor' that is already installed in the control run rather than add another.
Cheers

DBRV10

The servo position value is available from the stored data and I assume that it is available in the data stream from the RS-232 output, so you could install a display that read this value.

Not sure if the respones time of data to screen will be fast enough for you.

Plenty of RS232 devices available to do that for you, and Brantel will be along shortly with just the right one.....probably has them lying around in his top drawer! ;)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It is not in the RS-232 datastream, especially on SkyView which has no datastream at all ;)

I'm not sure if you can see the position on the SkyView screen in real time anywhere. The AP isn't out yet so all of that isn't settled.

nigelspeedy

If the servo posiitions were a possible display option I'd apprecieate that, although I understand that it might have limited use for others. If not I'll just go old school and use some tape measures.
cheers
Nigel

DBRV10

Well there you go! Just coz its in the download you can't assume anything!

My Bad!

And I should have realised it was skyview, I assumed D100 as the skyview has its own threads and no A/P.....so my apologies.

I'll get back in my box now and be quiet! :-X