Autopilot servo runaway

SuperCub

I love flying!
Today I had a quite impressive experience with the Dynon Skyview autopilot in my RV-7:
First flight of the day it worked perfectly as usual. Second flight after T/O and during climb I switched on the A/P and realized that the roll servo was not online while the pitch channel (IAS) worked normal. Switched off then on - still no reply from the roll servo and the display showed something like "Roll Servo offline" in red. Then I switched off the servo power for a few seconds and when I switched it back on the roll servo came online and rolled the aircraft to the right, I stopped the rolling at about 60 degrees bank, so no limit there! I just overrided the roll moment and switched the A/P off. After that the A/P worked flawlessly again on both channels.
Honestly I can not recall for sure at which stage I switched the A/P just off and at which stage I removed servo power so I might have mixed this up.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Please contact Dynon Avionics Technical Support - support AT dynonavionics DOT com or 425-402-0433. They will provide instructions for saving a Dynon Diagnostic File and sending it to us. The DDF will only have the previous hour of SkyView operation stored, so do this as soon as practical, and don't power on your SkyView display(s) until you can do so.

Today I had a quite impressive experience with the Dynon Skyview autopilot in my RV-7:
First flight of the day it worked perfectly as usual. Second flight after T/O and during climb I switched on the A/P and realized that the roll servo was not online while the pitch channel (IAS) worked normal. Switched off then on - still no reply from the roll servo and the display showed something like "Roll Servo offline" in red. Then I switched off the servo power for a few seconds and when I switched it back on the roll servo came online and rolled the aircraft to the right, I stopped the rolling at about 60 degrees bank, so no limit there! I just overrided the roll moment and switched the A/P off. After that the A/P worked flawlessly again on both channels.
Honestly I can not recall for sure at which stage I switched the A/P just off and at which stage I removed servo power so I might have mixed this up.

Has anyone experienced similar behavior?