Autopilot servos

q2cjiii

I love flying!
I read the replies to PlaneDan's question on servo power switches and disconnects and I want to talk further about the servo power switch. Most of my flying is local, my cross country
efforts are maybe once a month, at best, therefore should one leave power on the servo boards when they are used so seldom.

I have a Skyview system and am I correct in saying that the AP74 is not needed with that system?

Thanks, Charles

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
We recommend that the servos be receiving power any time you're in normal operation, whether or not the servos are engaged.

SkyView and the AP74 can't actually connect to each other. The AP74 is for D10/D100 series products only. Since SkyView has so many more buttons and knobs, controlling the AP from the display provides a better customer experience than on the D10/D100 without the AP74. That said, it's not inconceivable that we'll do an AP control panel for SkyView, but that's not a promise.

q2cjiii

I love flying!
Thanks for your help, I will leave the sw out of the system.

Charles

TRCsmith

(That said, it's not inconceivable that we'll do an AP control panel for SkyView, but that's not a promise.)
So glad you're working on it!! ;)