AUTOPILOT, UNCOMMANDED DISCONNECT

shane

Dynon 180 with autopilot, HS34 and AP74, Jabiru 430.
Working very well ( I am getting very dependent on this, it is so good) but 2 days ago on a night flight could not get AP74 to work, the fuse did NOT pop. Felt the servo, I was cold.
Next day, another night flight, AP74 was lit up, AP working, but 15' after take off I got (I think it said) DSAB disconnected AP74, all the lights went on for a second on both the AP74 and HS34 then AP shut down, but things came good again latter for the rest of the flight after I did a press AP restart.

skysailor

Certainly sounds like a connection that is faulty. Have you rechecked all the crimps? If you get the system operating on the ground, can you cause a failure by wiggling the harnesses and connections?

jakej

Dynon 180 with autopilot, HS34 and AP74,  Jabiru 430.
Working very well ( I am getting very dependent on this, it is so good) but 2 days ago on a night flight could not get AP74 to work, the fuse did NOT  pop. Felt the servo, I was cold.
Next day, another night flight, AP74 was lit up, AP working, but 15' after take off I got (I think it said) DSAB disconnected AP74, all the lights went on for a second on both the AP74 and HS34 then AP shut down, but things came good again latter for the rest of the flight after I did a press AP restart.

Give me a call :)

Jake J