Battery Drain.

peetiethepilot

I love flying!
:-? I just recently up graded to the Skyview system in my RV9A. I had flown it for about a month steadily and then I couldn't fly for about 6 weeks for personnel reasons. Yesterday, I planned to go flying and discovered the battery had dropped to 2.1 volts. My question is, Is there something within the Skyview system that would cause this battery drain? Everything WAS turned off when I left after the last flight. Battery is 2 years old (Odyssey PC680)

Peter :cool:

Carl_Froehlich

"Everything turned off" is very different than "master switch off".

If the master switch(es) were indeed off and you had no "always hot" loads on the battery, you had a battery going south that took a few months to finally die.

Carl

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you had all your circuit breakers, master switch, etc. off, then there isn't any way SkyView can bypass those to cause a battery drain.

:-? I just recently up graded to the Skyview system in my RV9A. I had flown it for about a month steadily and then I couldn't fly for about 6 weeks for personnel reasons. Yesterday, I planned to go flying and discovered the battery had dropped to 2.1 volts. My question is, Is there something within the Skyview system that would cause this battery drain? Everything WAS turned off when I left after the last flight. Battery is 2 years old (Odyssey PC680)

Peter :cool: