Blinking Screen on D-100

poteroo

I have a 2009 year build D-100 in a new RV-9A, which has just done 12 hrs on test with approx 25 start cycles so far - since completion 4 weeks ago. The aircraft has always been in hangar, and our weather is benign - mins about 5-10 deg C, and max's 20-30 C.

The D-100 is DSAB to a D-120 EMS, and they are coupled to a Tru-trak Digi 2VS a/pilot, and a Garmin 495 GPS.

Everything has been fine to date. All starts have been made with both units alive and fully thru their start-up cycle. But, on our 2nd start-up today - the D-100 simply began to flash the blue logo screen at 3 sec intervals,while the D-120 appeared normal - except showing the red 'DSAB lost' warning.

Cannot progress anything because the keyboard is locked out, and it can only be shutdown thru the a/c master switch.

Tell me the worst????

Ralph Burnett
Albany West Australia

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If disconnnecting / reconnecting power doesn't solve it, we'll need to see the unit here. For an RMA, give support a call at 425-402-0433 or at support at dynonavionics dot com.

poteroo

A comment today from another Dynon owner was to the effect that: if you start engine before the Dynon has completely booted up - there's a greater chance of any voltage spike, no matter how minor, upsetting the instrument. Possible??

He also suggested that it be connected up to the laptop, and the latest Dynon software release be uploaded. Again ??

cheers, pot

jakej

Hi Ralph

1. 'Spiking', ie voltage drop on starting, is not an issue

2. Usually a good idea to load the latest - unless of course there are unknown bugs ;)

BTW, if you have a D180 I'd add the backup battery - that way the EMS is always ON when starting.

Jake J