Building a RV6A

6adan

I love flying!
Hi I am building a RV6A and need some advise in where to install the ADAHRS-200. I understand behind the baggage compartment in a good place for it.If this is a good place or any other place some picture of the mount would be great.

Thanks Dannie

jakej

Hi Dannie

That is the only place I've mounted them (on about 20 RV's), up high just underneath the deck at the next bulkhead aft of luggage bay panel, without any issues.

HTH :)

Jake J

skysailor

I have seen it mounted under the pilot seat outboard against the fuselage and it worked fine. That said, leading all the lines was much harder and there was not as much clearance from known and future electromagnetic influence. As such I would second Jake's recommendation. I think most are there and it gives you the ability to easily add components via the standard network cabling which could be quite short. Additions to consider are ARINC 429, transponder and future Dynon comm. With a bit longer cable you could easily get to the pitch servo.

EchoCharlie1

I installed mine last year, in the tail, just under the fiberglass fairing, at the base of the front of the vertical stab. It's furthest from any magnetic anomalies or electronic interference and the wiring length is more than enough. However, you have to run your pitot and static lines aft, rather than forward. Also, I installed the temp probe just above the acft data plate, in the shade of the horizontal stab so as not to be affected by direct sunlight.

Just my $0.02. :D

Frank

cmarbach

Are you concerned about water entering when you fly through rain or the plane sits outside?

6adan

I love flying!
Thanks everyone for the help. Carl I had not thought about water entering it. I do not plan on flying in rain but never know.Has anyone else had any trouble with water?

Dannie