building a SLSA simulator

landwerlen

i know dynon has bigger fish to fry, but here goes....im building a simulator for our flight school, which currently has mystique's and allegros, and both use the D100/D120. i noticed that some time ago a company had a plug-in for fs2004, but they have gone away....the Chelton flightlogic system can interface, but they use external sensors.....any solution or advice would be helpful......building something from scratch would be a little more than i want to tackle at this point.....the perfect deal would be a pc simulator that could use serial data from fs2004 (or equivilent) via peter dowson's fsuipc.

john

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi John,

We are with you on this one, and would love such a simulator ourselves to be able to test and prototype and such. But, our software developers have their hands full cooking up the code that runs our actual avionics.

We've seen the FS2004 plug-in out there too, but haven't ever tested it. Note that it doesn't carry any endorsement from us, nor was it developed in partnership with us in any shape or form. We can't vouch that it behaves as a Dynon product would.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There's a chance, as long as your timeframe is "sometime in the next 100 years" ;)

I think your best shot is to use an EMS-D10 or an EMS-D120, running 3.0 software. These will display an EFIS from a serial port stream. If you look in an EFIS user guide, there's info on what the EFIS output stream is. If you recreate this stream and jack it into the EMS, the EMS will display this as if it came from an EFIS. You won't be able to use the menus, but pretty much everything else would work.

landwerlen

hmmm, i like the way this is going......any units at the factory that i could purchase with a disclaimer that the unit would only be used for the sim? the unit wouldn't need functional sensors since it is using a serial input....am i correct? anyways keep me in mind if a unit that would meet my needs becomes available.....getting a program to convert peter dowsons fsuipc to the required data stream shouldn't be a huge hurdle

thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We don't have refurbished or other non-airworthy units available for sale.