Can AOA widget be moved and size changed?

jacktunnell

I love flying!
That is a shame. For me, it is too low and too small to be anything other than a toy. :-[

Also, having the AOA audio as a percentage of the total audio volume is problematic. If the total audio level is set to comfortable levels, the AOA, which should be intrusive like a stall warning, is only at a comfortable level also even at 100%. :-/

diablouser

I love flying!
I have advocated the following before and wish it were done.

The AOA indicator is near useless because of its size. I recommend the following changes to make it very useful.

When the aircraft goes below a pilot selected speed, the AOA indicator changes size to same as the airspeed tape and along side of the tape. Now it is useful. Another slower speed could be used to turn it back to the small icon.

Bruce Patton

dbdurrett

I also support Bruce's comments. I'd like to have the display have the features of the EMS vertical widgets with the ability to select marks for best glide, climb rate, climb angle, approach and the current stall indicator. A numerical readout is needed to select the above. Moving the AOA indicator as higher on the screen would reduce the runway to AOA glance time. AOA is a great feature. It just needs a better and more useful presentation.

kellym

I love flying!
I also support Bruce's comments. I'd like to have the display have the features of the EMS vertical widgets with the ability to select marks for best glide, climb rate, climb angle, approach and the current stall indicator. A numerical readout is needed to select the above. Moving the AOA indicator as higher on the screen would reduce the runway to AOA glance time. AOA is a great feature. It just needs a better and more useful presentation.
I agree. In current position and size it simply is useless. It needs to be as high as possible on the screen and at least 2-3 times bigger. I can only rely on the sound at present, and I agree that it needs the ability to adjust it louder than any other alarms in the system. Meanwhile, the airspeed low warning that appears on the screen is meaningless. It shows up at around 20 mph above my normal final approach speed. Yes, all the correct V speeds are programmed in.