Canopy warning system for RV12

2johns

I have an RV12 with the standard D180 and AP74 autopilot controller.  I have installed a canopy warning system by using Van's magnetic switches mounted on the canopy latch and also on the Throttle mechanism like the ones used for the wing pin warning system.  I have wired it in series with the wing warning system so the alarm goes off if either the wing pins are not secured or the canopy is not latched and the throttle is advanced.  My thinking is that I'm  much more apt to not have the canopy latched than not having the wing pins in.  What I would like to do is have an audio voice alarm that says "canopy" as the stall warning and angle of attack sound the same now as my canopy warning.  How do I do this?  Thanks for your help.
John Sheffels

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
John:

Unfortunately, a CANOPY voice alarm is not an available feature of the FlightDEK-D180 and AP74.

I have an RV12 with the standard D180 and AP74 autopilot controller.  I have installed a canopy warning system by using Van's magnetic switches mounted on the canopy latch and also on the Throttle mechanism like the ones used for the wing pin warning system.  I have wired it in series with the wing warning system so the alarm goes off if either the wing pins are not secured or the canopy is not latched and the throttle is advanced.  My thinking is that I'm  much more apt to not have the canopy latched than not having the wing pins in.  What I would like to do is have an audio voice alarm that says "canopy" as the stall warning and angle of attack sound the same now as my canopy warning.  How do I do this?  Thanks for your help.
John Sheffels