"CAUTION",....."CAUTION",......"CAUTION", ........

cbretana

I am now having an issue. All of the A/P functions are working as advertised, but whenever the A/P is on I get continuous audible "Caution" messages over the intercom. They only last a split second, so I can never hit the message button fast enough to see the pop up window to see the details. It is extremely annoying, and I cannot turn them off.

Has anyone else experienced this?

preid

Pull the data logs and review the alerts file, that will tell you what the caution is referring to.

cbretana

Data logs? Do you mean diagnostics file? I did that to upload to dynon tech support. But it is encrypted and can only be decrypted by Dynon.

jnmeade

Didn't you post this question in another section? I'm confused. If it is the same question, I'll give the same suggestion. Consider re-running the AP configuration process.

cbretana

Yes, I posted it in the other thread, because the underlying issue that thread was created about (failure of HDX system to detect Servo when connected through Network Hub), has still never been resolved, and I suspected they might be related, as the Caution Alert only occurred when Autopilot was on. Now that I know it is an Autopilot Disconnect Broken alert, that supposition is probably moot.

MAD1

I am experiencing a "caution" every time I activate the electric trim (Not hooked in the system in any way) and when I do a control check in pitch I get a "Caution..." and saw a "Autopilot Disconnect Broken" Sounds very similar to the issue cbretana has.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Thanks

cbretana

I took my Autopilot disconnect button apart and reassembled it with a new resistor, and I still have the problem. To be clear, any time the autopilot is engaged, and the Autopilot is configured to "Detect Broken A/P Disconnect circuit", I get the continuous CAUTION warnings. If I disable that config option, the Caution stops. The Autopilot appears to be completely functional in both cases.
What is the minimum resistance (ohms), for this resistor?

Last edited:

Dandmdan

I love flying!
I am having the same Caution issue when the autopilot is engaged. The autopilot however seems to be working properly. Has anyone tracked down the actual issue with the constant warning? I have a Van's RV12 with Skyview Classic, expert panels, and a disconnect button.

MAD1

I did the same as crbenta, deselected the “Detect Broken AP Disconnect circuit” and the “Caution” goes away.

Dandmdan

I love flying!
After deselecting does your disconnect button work properly? Seams strange this would happen 3 years after my install. Must be some actual reason for the change. Not sure if it would be a hardware or software issue.

cbretana

Yes, the A/P disconnect should still function normally. This just disables the Skyview system from issuing a CAUTION warning if the wires to the button are severed. Too large of a resistor ( too many ohms) would also cause this CAUTION, as it looks like the wires are broken. You could test this by engaging the A/P then pressing and holding the button (to engage CWS mode without disengaging the A/P), and the CAUTION warnings should stop.