ChartData Manager

swatson999

I verified with Seattle Avionics that they are still pursuing this with Dynon equipment and hope to have it done by the end of 2020.

Given the painful UI and inefficient file handling of the Windows program, I can't begin to imagine how a *WiFi* upload will suck. :)

Although, I suppose that for the SA data, we're not really talking about "upload", but more like "access", since it doesn't truly upload all the data, only the individual charts, diagrams and plates it needs at any one time. Still, I think I'd rather have a USB stick connected to the system, rather than rely on another device (dead batteries, loss of WiFi link, etc.).

But, honestly...if SA has the time and staff to work on this, why don't they have the time and resources to rewrite (and hopefully improve) their dumb Data Manager program?

Walt

"Map data expired" on the Skyview is in reference to the single downloaded file that you must get from Dynon's support site, with the current terrain and obstacle data. It needs to be downloaded to the USB, then in the Dynon Setup screen you select "Load File" and select that filename. That is completely separate from the Seattle Avionics data process, but they operate on the same time schedule.
Thanks Airguy.....that was the problem.👍