Classic Skyview Wifi-connection issue

AlanR

PocketFMS-EasyVfr and twin D1000 Classic SV's both with wifi dongles.
I haven't had any wifi connection problems for literally years.until 4weeks ago!
I did though have connection problems back in 2015 on initial SV installation. when I had loads of wifi none-connection issues but after a while without me doing anything it all worked perfectly and has done for the last 9years without any problem at all.
However 4weeks ago on initial aircraft startup from cold I could not get 'Send Flightplan to Skyview'. I checked IpadMini6 wifi settings and sure enough no wifi hotspot connection to SV's. Also tried to connect via Samsung Android tablet without success. I waited and waited....but could not get a wifi connection to Skyviews.
After outbound flight ( Lunch) for return flight it obtains wifi connection immediately on startup.!
Since this all started 4weeks ago...now i find the same thing happens every time on cold startup....No wifi connection to Skyview!...Why?
But after first initial flight of the day, then all is good...connects immediately every time.....Why?...and why is it doing this after all these years of behaving perfectly?

Alan

Last edited:

kurtfly

I love flying!
From what you describe it sounds like your WiFi adapter plugged into Skyview is failing. At least that would be my first guess as it is cheapest to try. If you have another Skyview owner at your airport you could borrow to see if it fixes you problem.

Kurt

AlanR

Thanks for the input Kurt. Yes that is what you logically think was the problem...Either one or both of the wifi dongles going bad.

However, from when I had problems before like this in 2015 I accumulated a total 'stock' of 6 Dynon wifi dongles, all new, and have recently tried changing and going back to what I originaly had plugged in to the Skyviews in 2015.
Unfortunately it makes no difference what wifi dongles are fitted to my twin Skyviews. I now still get the same result!
From cold start, no wifi connection. Fly and try again later and all connects and work fine!....So frustrating!.......For 9years all has been good working perfectly and now I am back to the same problems I had on first installation!...I just don't get what is going on.
The problem I have come to the conclusion must be either in one or both of my Skyviews......
Both Skyview units went back to Dynon in 2018 and rebuilt following 'Screen of Death' failures so I would have thought they in theory anyway they should be physically in good condition.

Last edited: