Configuration fully erased on Skyview system

ARS21

Hello,

Currently working on a RV8, I have installed 2 Skyview HDX1100 at the front and a Skyview Classic at the back. All the configuration of the EMS, AHARS and transponder was done on the 2 front displays while the one at the back was off. After the configuration has been completed, I switched on the Skyview Classic display at the back and noticed that EMS, XPDR and AHARS where shown as 'Fail' with a red cross on them. I looked at the system setup and under the 'Network Status' tab I noticed that every element was in red. I then pressed 'Configure' and 'Detect'. This action solved the network issue at the back but deleted all the configuration done at the front. What has caused this issue ? Is there anyway to recover the configuration done on the Skyview HDX displays ?

Thanks for the support.

DBRV10

First of all.....I am impressed you managed to get 2 x HDX1100 in the front f an RV8.....Well done. Pictures would be nice :)

Now the bad news.

You should not be using a Skyview classic on the same system as HDX. They are not meant to be nor does Dynon recommend this. In fact they clearly recommend not to do so. They run different software packages and there is all manner of unknown conflicts that can occur. It might work for some people some of the time, but as you just found out, they were not meant to play together.

As for recovery....who knows. Those of us who do lots of installs have never tried to find out. Quite possibly not, but even if you did I would be checking every parameter anyway.

The good news is you can install a nice HDX in the back.

kellym

I love flying!
Hello,

Currently working on a RV8, I have installed 2 Skyview HDX1100 at the front and a Skyview Classic at the back. All the configuration of the EMS, AHARS and transponder was done on the 2 front displays while the one at the back was off. After the configuration has been completed, I switched on the Skyview Classic display at the back and noticed that EMS, XPDR and AHARS where shown as 'Fail' with a red cross on them. I looked at the system setup and under the 'Network Status' tab I noticed that every element was in red. I then pressed 'Configure' and 'Detect'. This action solved the network issue at the back but deleted all the configuration done at the front. What has caused this issue ? Is there anyway to recover the configuration done on the Skyview HDX displays ?

Thanks for the support.
I believe Dynon has stated several times that HDX screens and Classic screens are NOT compatible on the same system. You may be able to retrieve your HDX config by keeping the Classic screen of and doing a system network detect from one of your HDX screens. I think you will need to sell your classic screen and replace it with something like an Ipad with software that can receive WiFi from the HDX.

ARS21

Thanks for the answers. Then I have no choice but to sell the classic Skyview and purchase another HDX. It would be great if the HDX would show a message in case of incompatible hardware.

Here is a picture of the front panel :)
IMG_20200611_113628~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200611_113628~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20200611_113628~2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 186

swatson999

I believe Dynon has stated several times that HDX screens and Classic screens are NOT compatible on the same system.

Right there at the very beginning of the Installation Manual, p. 2-1. SkyViewunits cannot / should not be mixed