Connection fault 4/8

FlyRV8

Hello support,
I am experiencing the connection fault 4/8 issue since the v4.0 update. I believe that I have this issue from the beginning and the v4.0 reveals it.

I did the status check and found that the "connection fault 4/8" is written just under the pitch servo status line.
Thus I tried to find the issue on the autopilot pitch servo connector (I checked if any wire was broken or at the wrong place) but did not find anything. I only notice that when I unplug the pitch servo connector, the connection fault 4/8 message disappear.

I did not find/solve the problem yet and so I am wondering if it really comes from the servo or if it could come anywhere on the 4/8 wires.

Thanks

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If it were upstream of that harness, you'd either see it on other modules/devices as well, or, listed under the display. Have you checked continuity across that harness? There's a very small chance that a wire has broken upstream of the connector, towards the servo. Connecting a different servo onto that connector would tell you that.

FlyRV8

Problem solved.
I had a double issue : pin 4 and 8 inverted on a splitter I made for the AP pitch servo and a poor crimp on a connector.

Thanks again dynon ;)