Considering replacing Trutrak ADI II with Dynon AP

mikehoover

I am considering replacing my Trutrak ADI II AP with Dynon's servos so that I can enjoy to new AP functionality on my Skyview. Can I use the install brackets that I have currently installed (from Trutrak), etc. for both the roll and pitch servos, ie, can I just replace the servos? Also, the instructions for the Dynon servos mentions two twisted pairs of wires. My original install of the wire runs were of seven wires twisted together (bought it like that from Stein). Will that wiring work, or will I need to run new wiring to the servos to accommodate the twisted pairs? Thanks!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Mike,
The Dynon servos will drop right into your brackets with no issues, and can use all the other hardware you have as well.

The wire bundle you have will work just fine as well, and 7 wires is exactly what you need.

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
Question: Does this mean that I could replace the Tru Trak servo in my left wing, with the Dynon servo I have purchased with a kit to install in the right wing?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I'm a little confused about the proposed wing change, but I guess the simplest way to answer your question is to say that from the outside, mechanically, the servos are virtually identical.

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
OK, Thanks. My RV-9A airplane is flying with the Tru Trak in the left wing. I have purchased the Dynon and kit while planning to replace the Tru Trak. The Dynon kit was for the right wing. If I can just replace the servo, and reuse the wiring, it will save a lot of work fishing the wires, and mounting a new bracket. Thanks again.