Coolant Temp Display on a D180

freerangequark

Hi,

I prefer a flying a 2/3 EFIS & 1/3 EMS screen (JPG 1)

Is there a way to move my coolant temperature (GP-1) over to the 1/3 screen EMS?

The coolant temperature only shows up when I have the panel set 1/3 EFIS & 2/3 EMS (JPG 2).

Engine is a Rotax 912 ULS, 4 EGTs and 2 Coolant probes. The engine is an -01 suffix. The coolant probes are Rotax 801-10-1 and only one is sending info to the D180.

I had been through the installation manual which is how I got as far as I did. The builder had only set up for two EGTs and ignored the coolant temps altogether. This I can't explain. In any case, I was able to get the coolant temp showing up after identifying the probe and getting the proper resistor in place and wiring it in to GP-1.

I still can't figure out how to get the coolant temperature showing on a 1/3 EMS.

If you can provide any helpful specifics about where the "how to" is shown in the manual I would greatly appreciate it.

BTW, I'm brand new to both Dynon and Rotax and so I'm open to suggestions if there is a better Rotax setup available using the the D180 than the configuration I have set up?

Thank you for the help.

Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_20190820_154803.jpg
    IMG_20190820_154803.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20190820_154754.jpg
    IMG_20190820_154754.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 219
Last edited:

freerangequark

I spent some time on the phone today with Dynon while I was at the airplane. We can't move the GP-1 Coolant temp widget to the 1/3 EMS main page.

We found a note in the D180 Pilot User guide (not the installation manual) that read...

"EMS Main Pages
Available in 1/3 and 2/3 formats
This page displays RPM, manifold pressure (MAP), oil temperature, oil pressure, exhaust gas temperature (EGT), cylinder head temperature (CHT), fuel level, fuel pressure and fuel flow. On the 2/3 page version, up to two user-configurable info bars may be displayed. For information on configuring the function of these info items, see the EMS Operation section on page 10-1."

In other words, widgets may only be added to the EMS main 2/3 page, not the 1/3 page.

freerangequark

I was however able to tell the D180 that one of the coolant temp probes was a CHT and got it to display on the 1/3 EMS main page as a CHT, however its value is about 10 degrees lower than the other coolant temp probe. Would love to know if there is a way to adjust this.