CWS button

barbeau

Hi
I got à new caution message on my sky view:
"AP DISCONNECT BROKEN" only when thé button is released.
Pushing thé button caution message goes away.
AP works perfectly, so is there à real technical problem?
is There something to do to avoid this new CAUTION message light up?
Équipement:
2 x 10' Skyview with auto pilot
WT9 Dynamic LSA
BEST REGARDS
Bernard

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bernard,

That implies that the system is set up to believe that the AUTOPILOT SETUP > DISENGAGE BUTTON > ENABLE BROKEN LINE DETECT option is set to "YES" incorrectly, while the underlying hardware there to support that option (a resistor) isn't actually installed. That caution is new with the latest software. I suspect you are only seeing that change since you upgraded your software, is that correct?

barbeau

NO, last update as been done long Time ago, and I got this caution message first time last Week.
Anyway, what I have to do?
May I change BROKEN LINE DETECT option to NO?
N'est regards
Bernard

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If it didn't coincide with the software update, that means that the fault-detecting resistor probably IS installed (see the manual for a diagram), and that either the wire from the wire to the resistor or resistor to ground broke. In this case, you should troubleshoot the wiring issue, and NOT change the option.

barbeau

Many thanks, I just got your reply.
In the mean time I toogled DEDECT BROKEN LINE to NÔ.
CAUTION MESSAGE didn't light up of course.
But yesterday, I was flying with AP on,and sundenly I got ROLL ERROR and PITCH ERROR on AP, and AP stopped to work.
On ground I toogled DETECT BROKEN LINE back to YES, switched Skyview OFF, and back to ON.
Unfortunatly ROOL ERROR and PITCH ERROR were still there and AP didn't work, but CAUTION MESSAGE didn't come back!!!!!!!
Do you have any advice to fix it?
Sorry for my poor english
Bernard

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Bernard,

I'd start investigating your autopilot wiring more thoroughly. You'd see such a message if the power to the servos or the SkyView Network data lines were interrupted in anyway.

barbeau

I fixed PITCH and ROLL ERROR, and CAUTION MESSAGE came back.
Folowing your advice I did some check
- CWS line from switch to ground OK
- resistor between Switch Line is 4.7 Kohm quite OK
- AP works perfectly and CWS button works as well. So it means the Line between CWS button and électronic unit is OK
BUT CAUTION MESSAGE IS STILLS THERE
Best regards
Bernard

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The "AP disconnect broken" message simply means that the servo is expecting to see a resistance of roughly 5K (your 4.7K should be fine) when the button is not being pressed, instead of a full "open" that would be seen if the resistor isn't installed. This allows the system to determine whether or not that wire is there (and not being pressed). It still sounds like that resistor isn't in the circuit. Are you sure that it's actually attached to both sides of the switch?

Assuming the resistor is installed, if you measure the voltage on the wire when the button isn't being pressed on the servo side of the resistor, you should see about 2.7V if you have only one servo, 3.0V if you have two.