D-100 Clock Losing Time

MrMorden

Fun Times
Hey all...

I have a D-100 and it has been a fantastic, rock steady unit. It only has one issue that has crept in the last few weeks:

When flying I notice that the clock shows exactly one hour off, always behind. I reset the clock to the correct time and it stays that way for a while, then resets to an hour behind again, not usually on the same flight. I was wondering if there is a small battery to maintain the clock state when the power is off that has failed, but if that were true wouldn't the clock lose its entire time setting? In my case it ONLY loses one hour, and the minutes setting is always dead on.

I have looked to see if there is a time zone setting in the unit somewhere, but if there is I can't find it. There is only the clock local and zulu time as far as I can tell.

Any ideas?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Hmm, don't have a straight answer for that. Do you have the backup battery? Is the time correct before a GPS lock (assuming you have one connected)? I'm wondering whether it's resetting completely at power up, quickly getting the time from the GPS, but that it's off by an hour because of timezone type of differences.

MrMorden

Fun Times
Good questions. It is connected to an iFly 740b GPS. I have lost confidence in that unit for other reasons, so it's possible the GPS is messing up the time too. I'll live with it until I can get the unit swapped out and then revisit this.

I do have a backup battery installed. I have not done a drain test on it in a while, I'll do that to test it.

Thanks!

Last edited: