D100 and Avmap EKPIV connections?

darinh

I have a single D100A and would like to connect my AvMap EKPIV to it but am unsure how to go about it. The question is on the AvMap side...I need to connect the GPS output to pin 22 according to the Dynon installation instructions but I don't know where the GPS output is. I have the GPS power cord wired with the AvMap supplied straight power cord (hardwired to breaker and switch) with the red conductor to power, the black to ground and there is a remaining white conductor. Can someone tell me if this white conductor is the GPS output? If not, were do I connect to the output? This GPS is listed as one that Dynon has tested and verified to work with the D100 so someone surely will have the answer.

Thanks,

Darin

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We can't speak to what colors are on Avmap's harnesses - you may want to shoot them an email. My guess is that the white wire is probably it though.

Just another note - when we list units as confirmed to work, it's usually through customer feedback that we've done so. Except for the really major units (like the 430, 396, etc), we don't have a huge library of NAV devices in-house (though we sometimes wish we did)

R.Frost

Hi Darin,

I have installed this in my Europa recently and it works a treat. I purchased the autopilot cable available from Avmap (I did buy a 2.5mm jack locally but soldering the tiny connections was not reliable enough) , it is a bit of a pain because they don't accept credit cards and you need to e-mail them with your request to get an invoice created to carry out a money transfer.

The lead is a 2.5mm 4 way jack, it fits into the Avmap near the power connection (see page 14 in the manual), section 15 in the manual shows the jack connections, you need to use the TXA (yellow) for data out to the Dynon and the black as a ground, although when the Avmap is connected to the aircraft power (not on it's own batteries) it sources a ground through this method.

The only problem I have at the moment is I cannot get my Avmap to talk to my Navaid AP-1 autopilot (yes, I do have the smart coupler installed), I know the Avmap is sent=ding out the correct data as I have the lovely magenta overlay of data from the Avmap on the HSI section of the D100, anyone any ideas?

I have the NMEA 0183 strings ticked for APA and APB so I am at a loss?

Robert