D100 AOA alarm volume

sdemeyer

I love flying!
Greetings, I have a D100, HS34 and KMA 28 Audio Panel wired through an Approach Stack Pro hub. I'm having a hard time getting enough volume to hear the AOA and other alarms in my headset. I verified the potentiometer is the correct 10K ohm. The potentiometer is connected to the HS34. I can hear the alarm, but barely. Any suggestions on how to increase the volume or determine if a wiring issue?

Thanks!

Scott

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Does adjusting the potentiometer change the volume? You can try connecting it directly too to see if there's something else attenuating the volume that isn't obvious. The potentiometer is basically only for volume control.

sdemeyer

I love flying!
Thanks for the response. Yes, the volume control adjusts the volume but it goes from barely hearable to no sound. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by connecting directly. Connect what directly? I did try a different potentiometer, thinking maybe I had a faulty one, but got the same result.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Meaning take the audio out wire directly from the HS34 to the KMA 28 without anything in the way (potentiate, hub, or otherwise). Is there any chance that there's a resistor or poteniometer in the hub? (You can measure the resistance across the ins and outs of the hub to find out). Is there any adjust-ability on the audio panel side?