D100 start up issue.

ASI

My D100 has been in hibernation for about 2 months, when I first turned it on, it appears to start up correctly, however in about 5 minute it starts flashing between a dark screen and the Dynon logo. Cycling the power does not appear to change the situation, however the next day it will power up initially as described but then revert to the flashing screen. suggestions?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
If there's a stable power supply or battery there, we'd probably want to take a look at that. Give our tech support team a call at 425-402-0433 or support at dynonavionics dot com.

ASI

As an update to this issue, I disconnected the Dynon from the aircraft buss and powered from an external 14V supply. On power up I would get the Blue Dynon screen and a current draw of approx 0.08A. After a period of maybe 10 seconds the current would jump to 1.2A and promptly shutdown. Left powered up, the cycle would repeat. It was left powered up for 30 minutes, flashing blue/black screen, finally stabilizing at the normal :)flight screen. Subsequently cycling the power off/on from the power supply or the soft key, resulted in normal operation. I have had a number of flights subsequently and the unit has performed without issue.

Robski

Hang on! I've got an idea!
Does the D100 have the internal backup battery option?
How old is it? The battery, that is.

I wonder if that had become excessively drained and was pulling a lot of current at the start of its recharge cycle.

In your position I would pull it and take a look at it physically just to check it at least looks OK. (No burn marks, bulges, damaged wires or connectors etc).  :eek:

Can anyone else wade in as to how to check out a Lion battery's condition? I know they can be tricky little blighters.