D10A altimeter problems.

cbh117f

I love flying!
Hi, please could you assist me with some information. I have an EFIS D10A, I have just upgraded the software to the new version 5.6.1 hoping that this would solve the problem. Before the software update, approximately 2 months ago the altimeter began reading about 2000 feet at sea level, this situation worsened and the altimeter now reads 30 000 feet at sea level. The situation has not improved even since the update has been done. How can I solve this problem?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You don't mention airspeed, is it correct? If so, this points to the altitude sensor having failed.

You should contact our tech support and have us inspect the D10A.

N504jt

I recently purchased an RV-4 with an EFIS D10A that reads 30,000’. I have not confirmed whether the Airspeed is correct. Will do that next flight.
Is there anything I can check on the ground that may help pinpoint the issue?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You'll need to get in touch with our support team for this issue. Contact information is in our signature...

Vic

The D10A encoder is the altitude source for the GTX330ES used for ADSB and I’m having intermittent Baro and Geo altitude failures resulting in exceptions on a PAPR. I also had it indicate a 1000’ altitude excursion on a recent flight. Is it safe to assume that I need to send the D10A in for service? If so, please direct me to information to begin this process. Thank you,

RV8JD

Contact Dynon support for troubleshooting help and returns: