D10A Error from Garmin 400W

tazpilotc

I love flying!
I recently changed my GPS from an AVMAP EKP IV to a Garmin 400W. I am feeding the data to the D10A using the RS232 input. After a few minutes in flight with NAVSRCE selected from the GPS, the autopilot goes off track and starts a left turn. The HSI stills seems to function normally and the data on the HSI display appears to be running and accurate.

The Garmin is set on Aviation and outputting on the first RS232 Channel.

Interesting that I had this same problem with my AVMAP a few years ago but I went into the NMEA statements selection and deselected many of them, leaving only the ones listed in the Install Manual active and that seemed to solve the problem.

Not sure if this is the same issue but the Garmin does not allow you to select the statements.

Any advise?

DBRV10

I am not sure you can use the RS232 for the task you want.

The correct method is to use the HS34 module and transfer the data via the ARINC 429 to the D10A and back to the Garmin.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You can use the GNS (400W) for simple enroute NAV over just serial. That will work fine.

What firmware version are you on with your D10A? What about the 400W? When it goes off track, does the D10A still show NAV as the mode? Is it indicating a roll slip? What do you need to do to get it to work again?