D10A Glide Slope

WEdgar

AP; IA
The D10A Cdi is working correctly but the GlideSlope is completely missing from the display screen. What is needed to display the Glide Slope ???

jakej

From the Pilot's User Guide page 5-10 --  Choosing “CDI”
causes the course deviation indicator to display above the slip/skid ball. Choosing “CDI+GS” causes both the CDI and glideslope indicators to display, with the glideslope indicator displayed next to the roll scale. If the CDI button  status displays “Y” or “CDI+GS” and no CDI or glideslope is displayed onscreen, the EFIS-D10A cannot detect your NAV radio or GPS, there is no active course, or there is no NAVSRC chosen on the HSI page.

WEdgar

AP; IA
The problem is when Cdi+GS is selected, the CDI appears correctly but the GS does not appear at all, nothing. I'm assuming there is a setting somewhere in the D10A that is blocking the GS display I just can not find anything in the documents to answer this issue.

KKleinholz

I love flying!
In that case, you must now investigate whether you have a valid IFR navigation source properly connected and configured to send course guidance to the EFIS-D10A. If the D10A is displaying lateral course guidance -- the HSI needle -- then first confirm your navigation source is outputting vertical guidance. For example, of your source is a NAV radio, verify your radio is properly tuned to an ILS and is within the proper area to receive the glideslope signal.

If you still need assistance, please contact our Technical Support staff for guidance on troubleshooting the connection between your EFIS-D10A and your IFR navigation source.