D120 Log File

simon.clifton

My D120 has worked well in my UK homebuilt SportCruiser for over a year.

I wanted to do some data logging of the engine parameters in advance of making a small change, and then log the engine parameters again for an 'after' view.

Using a Win 7 laptop with an RS232 USB adaptor and Hyperterminal set at 115K, N, 8, 1 I get what looks like nicely regular data, but in weird characters (see below for a snippet):

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Simon C
~~~~~~

¿·¿¿··½»·¿¿»»¿µ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿ý·¿{oW¿¿½·½oýW¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·¿¿½½½¿»··¿»¿»
½·¿½·½­µ·»¿¿¿»·½½·¿½¿»¿»íë½½µ»·½½·½»»µ½½½¿»½¿··½»·¿¿»»¿µ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿½·¿{oW
¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»··¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿¿¿»·½½·¿½¿»w»íë½½µ»·½»»½»»µ½
½½¿»½¿··½»·¿¿½»¿µ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿·{oW¿¿½·¿{oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»··¿»
¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½·¿½¿»w·íë½½µ»·½·¿½»·¿½½½¿·¿¿··½»µ¿¿½»¿·¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿½·¿{
oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»··¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½·¿½¿»w{íë½½µ»µ¿¿¿½»·
¿½½½¿»½¿··½»µ¿¿½»¿·¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿½·¿{oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»··
¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½µ¿½¿»¿}íë½½µ»µ¿½·½»»µ½½½¿·¿¿··½»·¿¿½»¿µ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿½·
¿{oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»··¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½µ¿½¿»¿·íë½½µ»µ¿»»½
»·¿½½½¿·¿¿··½»·¿¿½»¿·¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿½·¿{oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»
··¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½µ¿½¿»¿wíë½½µ»µ¿·¿½»·¿½½½¿»½¿·»½»·¿¿½»¿·¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿
½·¿{oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»··¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½µ¿½¿»wwíë½½µ»µ½¿
¿½»µ¿½½½¿·¿¿··½»·¿¿½»¿·¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW¿¿½·¿{oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½
¿»··¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½µ¿½¿»½»íë½½µ»µ½½·½»·¿½½½¿»½¿·»½»·¿¿½»¿·¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿½¿½¿µ{oW
¿¿½·¿{oW¿¿½·½o}W¿¿¿»·¿»½·½¿»»½¿µ·­¿·½¿½½½¿»··¿»¿»½·¿½·½­µ·»¿·¿»·½½µ¿½¿»¿·íë½½µ»µ

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
That sure looks like data at the wrong speed. Are you sure you were pointed at the COM port that was hooked to the EMS, and not something like a GPS?

The D120 will log internally now (for about 2 years now), so you can just log to the internal memory and then download it with the support program if that is easier.

simon.clifton

Yeah, I have come to the same conclusion.

It is fairly unlikely I am reading the GPS (it is a Garmin 296), but I will try some other baud rates and see what I get.

What are the chances that the Dynon is NOT operating at 115K baud?

Thanks

Simon
~~~~~