D180 and 10A and Outside Temp

rvg8tor

I  have both a D180 and the D10A. I initially installed the harness for the D180 but it came with a 2 wire temperature probe.  I bought a 3 wire probe in order to run the temperature probe off of the EDC, it is in the tail and I have the probe under the horizontal stabilizer.

I have since bought a D10A, along with the EDC.  I am not flying and just now wiring things up, I wonder if there is any benefit to running two temperature probes for outside air, and if so how to do it.

Would the system get confused with two temperatures.  My thought is to put the other probe under the right wing.  I also had a thought of putting the probe forward of the firewall as a poor mans fire warning.  I have not read enough in the manuals to know if you set one probe for EFIS/EMS calculations and can have one probe as info only.

Thanks for any help with this.

Cheers

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The system only support one OAT in a system that's connected via DSAB. If you left the D10A and D180 separate, you'd lose the ability to share the EMS information over to the EFIS-D10A, but then the could both use their own OAT probe.