D180 Glide Slope Display

cfiidon

I have not been able to display a glide slope on my D180 HSI page. I know that some time ago it seemed to work just fine.
I do display VOR and LOC signals just fine. I tried three different ILS courses with the same result.
I have a D180 and HS34, interfaced thru Approach Fast Stack Cables to a GNS430W as Nav1 and an SL30 as NAV2.
Neither radio shows the glide slope when selected via the HS34.
As I have checked antennas and connections, I was wondering if a configuration error on the D180, HS34, or the two nav radios might cause this issue.
I reviewed the D180 installation manual, and came across the note that when an HS34 is installed and the software updated, the SL30 should be disconnected. I can't remember doing this at the last update.
Logically, I think that if the CDI displays and reacts properly than the GS should also.
I would appreciate any insight.
Don

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
You can inhibit the GS (and CDI for that matter) on the PFD page but not on the HSI page. It's all data, and in this case coming from two different sources, so if you're not getting it from two radios, and it used to work, there's almost definitely something going on with the antenna setup. If you set up the 430W on a GPS LPV or LNAV+V approach, do you get the GS that way on the GPS side of things?