D180 problem

vhmum

Hi we got back from a trip did 42 hours flying. Home for 2 weeks went to go flying and found dynon internal bat dead (0 volts). Would not charge so emailed dynon but no reply so upgraded to new software 5.1.1 and no change in fact the unit will now not turn on on the bench using power suply. Will try in plane tomorow again.  Should the internal batery last more than a year and anyone had the problem of unit not turing on using aircraft power? :-? Any ideas?

regards Chris

PhantomPholly

They will probably answer this shortly, but I do recall that in a few cases if the voltage ever went to zero it did not come back.  I believe it was related to charging issues due to software. Most (if not all, my memory is not to be trusted!) people were able to get their batteries to charge again by following Dynon's instructions.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Chris,
The internal battery should last years. If fully discharged, it can take up to ten hours to fully charge again. But it sounds like there might be other problems, so please try us again at support@dynonavionics.com, or 425-402-0433. (We couldn't find an email from you.)

The battery is covered under warranty, so if that is the problem then we can take care of it.

-Dynon Support