Dark Skyview at Initial Power Up (times two)

rmcscar12

On Thursday the avionics shop installing a 10" Skyview in my T-28B performed the initial power-up and had a quick screen flash then nothing.  Power indicator is illuminated on back of the unit, but no fans and nothing on the screen.  Voltage was checked, trouble shooting steps followed with no success (by professional installers).  Friday my two new 10" Skyview units for the RV-8 I am building were delivered so I immediately took one to the avionics shop.  This morning they attempted to power-up the unit on their 'bench' and had the same result.  Support asked for the first unit to be returned.  It seems more than a coincidence to have the same failure/fault on two new units fresh out of the box.  The avionics shop will bench check the 3rd unit tomorrow.   Any ideas what could be happening or suggestions??

dabear

I had this issue and it was cleared by causing a reboot. I believe that is done by pushing buttons 1,2,and 5 at the same time. Hold for a second or two. It should then reboot. Make sure the unit has power and the backup battery is NOT connected when doing this. At least it worked for me that way.

rmcscar12

Update:  the avionics shop had previously tried the 1,2,5 reboot without success.  I delivered my 3rd new 10" Skyview to them this morning and it powered up on the bench just fine!!   I don't know what the odds of receiving 3 new units and having 2 defective out of the box are but I'm not thrilled - I guess if I was a baseball player I'd be happy hitting .333, but not so with new avionics equipment.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Given more than one failure, I'm wondering about the power being supplied, and some other things. Give us a call when you get a chance if you haven't already.