Dimming

cknauf

I'm installing a dimmer bus for my avionics and would like to dim the EFIS,EMS and HS34 from this rheostat but it doesn't appear there is any option for this. My other avionics have photocells like the HS34, but they can be disabled and dimmed manually by an external dimmer as well. Are there are plans to offer this?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No plans at this time, though new features like this may be exclusive to our next generation system (which is currently in-development).

tonybrixi

Not the same thing but the subject will work just fine.

I gott an D100+HS34+D120 installation. When I set the dimmer to auto it starts to blink like every 8-10 seconds, during the day. It seems that there is something wrong with the light sensor in the HS34. Had anyone experienced something like it?

I had just disabled the autodimm function for now.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Possibly the HS34 light sensor, yes. In the autodim menu (with autodim on), what is the sensor value doing while this is happening?

tonybrixi

I don't remember. As soon as I can get back to the plane I'll do the test and tell you.

tonybrixi

Hi,

I've got the information you've asked (finally!). With autodim on the sensor jumps to near 500 when it lights up and starts falling to bellow 200. Each cicle takes 15 seconds. When autodim is off, it falls to 139 and stays there.

I just saw that it is running the 5.0 version and I'm going to upgrade it next time.