Direct To User Waypoint

ninelima

I am new to the Dynon Skyview and this probably a total noob question ... but I am completely stumped.

How do I perform a simple "Direct To" a "User" Waypoint?

Last edited:

RV8JD

Watch the SkyView Training Class videos form the Dynon YT channel. You'll find that it is time well spent.

Also, download a copy of the User Guide and the Installation Manual from the Dynon website for reference:

ninelima

Direct to User way-point not possible

Thank you for the feedback guys, but I am afraid it does not work. That is what I tried before, but the "USER" waypoints do not show up when "Direct-To" is pressed. The only way I could access them was using the Nearest button. See linked video, where I tried it.

- Is this a bug in the software or is it intentional?
- Any feedback/suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited:

skysailor

Go to the Dynon flight plan, put cursor on your current point, select Insert Waypoint, move the point to the appropriate position, insert the point into the flight plan, then hit Direct.

ninelima

Go to the Dynon flight plan, put cursor on your current point, select Insert Waypoint, move the point to the appropriate position, insert the point into the flight plan, then hit Direct.
Thanks skysailor. Using a flight plan or using nearest works just fine.

I was, however, expecting to be able to use the "Direct To" and pick a user waypoint from the list or enter/dial it in. However, the USR is simply not available to be chosen after "Direct-To" is pressed.

If I try to enter the ID manually it defaults to the built in database.

skysailor

You should be able to enter it manually. That is what I do. Check the list of User Waypoints to see if all the ones you entered are there. Any chance you did not save the point you created initially? It needs to be saved and that is the time to name it something you remember. I recommend not using 5 letters as there are a huge number of those in the system and you might be conflicting with one in the database. As an example, my point to be below 5000 feet at the southeast corner of the Class B overhead is named SE05.

ninelima

We are in Australia and the Jeppesen database costs your first born here.

I have loaded all the Ausie airports as user waypoints, which are very kindly made available on this very forum :) All the ID's are in the form Yxxx, (eg YABA for Albany). I believe these are unique worldwide.

The problem I have, is that the tab "USR" does not show when DirectTo is pushed, so I have no way of picking a user waypoint using the DirectTo button.

USR does show when Nearest is used or when entering a flight plan.

This is quite vexing and is very easily accomplished on any other system I have used.

Last edited: