Disconnect then resume original AP targets

jc2da

I thought at one point there was a resume feature with the AP.

Thus, you have your AP set and active. You hit disconnect to do a quick circle around some point of interest, then you could do something to resume AP mode to the original targets. I believe it was holding the disconnect button.

However, that doesn't appear to be available any more. Is that correct?

Is there any desire to resurrect that feature? Maybe hit disconnect to disable AP mode. Then hit disconnect once again to resume to original targets?

Jae

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yes, if you have control wheel steering enabled (it's a toggleable option in AP sup), pressing and holding the disconnect switch essentially pauses the AP while you hand fly. What it does when you let go depends on the mode it was previously in, though.

Which of our products are you using? And if SkyView, are you using the simplified or expert control scheme?

jc2da

Currently using expert mode in Skyview 7.0/

CWS however adjusts its targets once the disconnect button is released.

Is there a way to not adjust the targets and resume to the original targets? I was using the AP the other day and wanted to do a quick circle around a point. Once finished with the circle, i wanted the AP to resume to the original targets. However, instead, i had to reset all the original targets manually. At a previous version, i could have sworn it was possible to resume to original targets instead of having to manually set them all over again.

I tried using the hitting the AP button manually and using the disconnect switch, but neither one went back to the original targets.

Thus, my suggestion was to re-enable resuming to original targets by maybe just hitting the disconnect switch once after an earlier disconnect.