DSAB Hub

rvg8tor

I am not sure hub is the correct word but I need some advice on the functionality of this idea and what the pitfalls might be.

I have a FLtDk180, D10A, HS34 and AP74 with pitch and roll servos.  Since each device has only one set of pins for the DSAB A/B wires some means of connecting them all is in order, and I am thinking one might like to remove the items from being interconnected for trouble shooting things.

The idea is to take a 25 Pin Dsub connector and on one side solder the upper pins together and the the lower pins so you have two busses so to speak, then the DSAB wires from each component get pinned into the opposite side of the connector, one row for the "A" wires and one for "B".  This way all wires share the signal and you can disconnect the connector to isolate the items, or you could just remove the pins for one item if you just wanted to remove one item from the bus.  Also as long as the master wires are good I think wires to individual units could fail and not loose everything on the network.

Does this solution make sense, can you see any pitfalls with the idea?  It would be nice if the connector on the D180 would take multiple wires but from what I read it does not, though there are two sets of Blue/Green wires in the harness I bought that are marked as "not used".

One last question, is there a need to make disconnecting an individual device easier that removing the pins?  If for instance a device needed to be removed for each update then having a molex connector in line to that device would be nice.  You don't know what you don't know.  I think just powering off devices would do the same thing, each time in my panel is on a separate CB, the servos share a single CB.

Thanks for any inputs, I hope Dynon Support is watching.

GO PACKERS!!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Around here, we end up making mini harnesses that have a bunch of two wire quick connectors, like the type you see on our batteries and other devices. It basically looks like an spider with a few inches of wire and a connector in a bunch of different directions.

rvg8tor

@ Dynon Support,

Will my idea in the original post work for connecting the DSAB wires?

Connecting all "A"wires to one row, the pins are all soldered together, and a separate row for th "B" wires. Does this make the electrical connection needed?

meljordan

In testing Dynon products I have done exactly what you are considering, taking a D sub connector and making it a DSAB hub. It works just fine.