DSAB wiring and AP

JR

Guys,
In the middle of rewiring a Jabiru, Im keen to put in required cabling for AP servos.
I know its DSAB but is it just 2 wires to run both servos?
Should it be shielded?
Disconnect wiring is another 2 correct?
JR

Canadian_JOY

JR - this info is what I've gleaned from other posts in this discussion forum, as well as posts made by DynonSupport on a Vans Air Force forum. Obviously I'm not DynonSupport so I'm sure they'll step in and correct any errors I would make. :eek:

Servo wiring...
4 wires in total.
2 wires for DSAB - wise to use twisted shielded pair (eg M27500-22tg2t14 or similar)
1 wire for disconnect (this would be connected to a panel or stick-mounted switch - the servo is looking for a ground on this input in order to disconnect)
1 wire for servo power, wired directly to a circuit breaker attached to the aircraft power buss.

Hope this helps.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Actually, it's 5 wires if you run a disconnect switch to the servo. If you have the AP74 or AP76, this isn't strictly required, but definitely recomended.

meljordan

I think that I read in your info that there would also be an audio out on the AP74. Is this correct or am I just confused. If so, then is it the same as the audio from an HS34, and would not be needed if an HS34 was already connected to the audio system?

Thanks
Mel

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The servo needs 5 wires as described. Power, Ground, DSAB A, DSAB B, disconnect.

The AP74 and AP76 will have 5 wires as well, Power, ground, DSAB A, DSAB B, and audio out.

The audio out is identical to the HS34. If you have both, you need only wire one to your intercom.