Dynon and Advanced Oshkosh 2016 News

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
In addition to our new SkyView HDX system, we have updates to our products across the SkyView and AF-5000 series lines:

[list bull-blackball][*]$500 Price Reduction on SkyView Touch, SkyView Classic, and AF-5000 Series: Mapping Now Included
[*]New Advanced Remote Audio Panel with Dimensional Sound and Bluetooth Music Streaming
[*]Upcoming SkyView v15 Software Preview
[*]Advanced Flight Systems AF-5000 Series Graphics Updates
[/list]

$500 price decrease for SkyView Touch, Classic, AF-5000 Series systems

map-pricing-image-web.png

Effective Monday, July 25 2016, all SkyView Touch, SkyView Classic, and AF-5000 series displays now include navigation mapping capabilities. This equals a savings of $500 per system compared to previous pricing, where the mapping software was an additional separate $500 purchase.

New Advanced Remote Audio Panel with Dimensional Sound and Bluetooth Music Streaming

Advanced Flight Systems announces a remote audio panel with class-leading features. Manufactured by PS Engineering for AFS, the new AF-PDA360EX-R features IntelliAudio® True Dimensional Sound to let you hear multiple radios simultaneously - spatially separated in your headset.

afs-psengineering-image-web.png

Enhanced Bluetooth® provides both music streaming capability and connection to your phone. Other features include legendary 4-place hi-fi stereo IntelliVox® intercom with Soft Mute, two stereo music inputs, split mode, and multiple other inputs. The AF-PDA360EX-R is compatible with the AF-5000 series. It is expected to be available Q3 2016 at a list price of $1450.

Dynon Previews SkyView Software Version 15

Dynon’s upcoming SkyView Software Version 15 contains a variety of new features to enhance the SkyView flying experience, including:

[list bull-blackball][*]Extended Runways on Map
[*]Highway in the Sky (HITS)
[*]Airport Signposts in Synthetic Vision
[*]Maintenance Logging
[*]Weight and Balance Calculator
[*]VNAV from SkyView’s flight plan to your destination airport, arriving either above the airport or right at the runway itself.
[*]Airspace proximity notification. This includes airspace you are in, upcoming airspace along your flight path, and those that are above and below you.
[/list]

SVv15_Extended_RWYs.PNG

Extended Runways on Map

SVv15_HITS.PNG

Highway in the Sky (HITS) & Airport Signposts in Synthetic Vision

SVv15_Maint_Log.PNG

Maintenance Log

SVv15_W_B.PNG

Weight and Balance Calculator

SkyView Software v15’s new features will be available as a free upgrade for SkyView Classic and SkyView Touch Summer-Fall 2016. SkyView HDX will ship with all v15 features when it is released.

Advanced Flight Systems AF-5000 Series Graphics Updates

AF-5000_updated_gfx-web.png

The upcoming Advanced Flight Systems AF-5000 software release features improved display graphics, including updated colors for contrast and legibility, redesigned VSI and roll indicators, crisper fonts, and reduced clutter.

carlmeek

I love flying!
Are there any more details on exactly how this works:

"VNAV from SkyView’s flight plan to your destination airport, arriving either above the airport or right at the runway itself."

I'm very interested!!

n456ts

Do not write below this line
Wow. And to be clear, "SkyView Classic" is simply the non-touch screens, correct? Not a subset, or specific revision?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
SkyView Classic are the same non-touch SkyView displays. With the introduction of both SE and now HDX, we were having trouble keeping out names straight.

preid

Greatest update in a long while!
Runway extensions- fantastic!
The VNAV.. is that for "VFR" and does what blue arc does (did) or is this a IFR hardware required upgrade?

I commend Dynon (yet again) for hearing what users want and developing it to meet those requests!!
Thx!!

Carl_Froehlich

Nice but the 25% price hike is excessive. The $500 reduction in legacy SkyView pricing also implies "old model clearance sale". Considering the now huge price spread between models I'm hopeful this is not the plan. In the meantime I'll recommend to builders to get the legacy SkyView at this new, attractive price while they can.

You already have Garmin nipping at your heels for the experimental market. I offer this pricing strategy will not help.

Carl
Loyal Dynon owner.

preid

From the way I read this, its not $500 less, its the Mapping software is now included in price so you don't need to purchase the $500 mapping license. Old price is the same, no clearance, just free add ons, per se.
Without seeing the new display It may very well be worth the difference, better screen, layout and more than likely processor speed. For future planning I generally think best or second best model- but until I see and get more details its hard to know if improved touchscreen and other features, is worth the difference.

pbarnett

I love flying!
Re: Dynon and Advanced Oshkosh 2016 News/SV-MAP-270

For those of us that installed the SV Touch and are still under the 30-hour trial period (in the finishing stage of my RV-7A), will we still need to buy the SV-MAP-270 certificate or will Dynon 'grandfather' us into the new program?

drferrell

I love flying!
Great job yet again Dynon! Thank you!

The graphic for the HDX system shows the engine data running across the bottom of the screen. Will that capability be available for a non touch Skyview 10 inch display when v15 comes out? Sure hope so!

W

William_Ince

I am disappointed . . . that Dynon did not release a function, so SKYVIEW ADS-B-In traffic and weather data, can be connected (via WI-FI or Bluetooth) to tablet devices, such as iPad.

Over the past several months, it was my understanding, that it was on the way.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Nice but the 25% price hike is excessive.  The $500 reduction in legacy SkyView pricing also implies "old model clearance sale".  Considering the now huge price spread between models I'm hopeful this is not the plan.  In the meantime I'll recommend to builders to get the legacy SkyView at this new, attractive price while they can.

You already have Garmin nipping at your heels for the experimental market.  I offer this pricing strategy will not help.

Carl
Loyal Dynon owner.

From the way I read this, its not $500 less, its the Mapping software is now included in price so you don't need to purchase the $500 mapping license. Old price is the same, no clearance, just free add ons, per se.
Without seeing the new display It may very well be worth the difference, better screen, layout and more than likely processor speed. For future planning I generally think best or second best model- but until I see and get more details its hard to know if improved touchscreen and other features, is worth the difference.

Carl, thanks for your loyalty and for your thoughts (I really mean that. No sarcasm or anything in there).

The new pricing isn't an "old model clearance sale." Basically, what reidvaitor said. The new HDX displays have a higher per display price. But mapping is now included with ALL displays (SE excluded, which don't have mapping capabilities at all). Most people ended up buying it, but the certificates and licensing has been a real pain point. So SkyView Classic (non-touch) and SkyView Touch systems are now $500 less per system. SkyView HDX systems are almost the same as last week's pricing in single screen form. Dual HDX displays are a bit more. And against the competition, most configurations are the same or less, especially when you consider our prefabricated harnesses and other accessories vs the pain of having to figure it out all yourself from connector kits.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I am disappointed . . . that Dynon did not release a function, so SKYVIEW ADS-B-In traffic and weather data, can be connected (via WI-FI or Bluetooth) to tablet devices, such as iPad.

Still planned. And please, know that nothing is real until it's shipped. We try to give our best indications of what we have in the pipeline without making promises, but order and timing are always subject to change.

sunfish

I love flying!
I haven't bought the $500 mapping data license yet for my classic. Will I still have to?

ronE

I see the new Skyview HDX fits the same opening but how much lower does the knob/button tray hang down below the bottom edge of the opening? I a'm wondering if it will interfere with my switch labeling.

Secondly how many serial ports does the SkyView HDX have? Is it more than the 5 the Classic SkyView has?

turbopilot

I see the new Skyview HDX fits the same opening but how much lower does the knob/button tray hang down below the bottom edge of the opening?  I a'm wondering if it will interfere with my switch labeling.

Secondly how many serial ports does the SkyView HDX have?  Is it more than the 5 the Classic SkyView has?

Same question. Looks like HDX uses 4 mounting screws versus 6 screws on current Skyview panel. Bottom of the bezel on HDX appears to angle out from panel. Are the exterior dimensions of the HDX the same as standard 10" Skyview, including the new bezel at the bottom?

preid

Secondly how many serial ports does the SkyView HDX have?  Is it more than the 5 the Classic SkyView has?

Many have asked for the extra Serial connections in the past. Unless there is a separate box that allows more than the 5 that are there today it would take a change in the software and harnesses wires to allow more Serial connections. Unless v15 is developed to use currently unused wires from the harness I would'nt count on it.

W

William_Ince

Still planned. And please, know that nothing is real until it's shipped. We try to give our best indications of what we have in the pipeline without making promises, but order and timing are always subject to change.
Thank you Dynon.
That news and prompt response does not disappoint me.
I shall keep waiting. I do hope it is released in time to capture the FAA $500 ADS-B rebate. I don't think I am alone with this interest.