Dynon Audio Alerts not playing in Copilot headset

pacecapt

Just setup my Dynon HDX and we noticed that the audio alerts are not heard in the copilot headset. Is this normal? If not how do I fix it?

swatson999

Need more info. What sort of comm panel do you have? Do you hear it in the pilot's headset?

preid

did you wire the audio to both the pilot and copilot?
if not.. you need to have a dedicated wire for the pilot side and one for the copilot. it is not networked.

swatson999

did you wire the audio to both the pilot and copilot?
if not.. you need to have a dedicated wire for the pilot side and one for the copilot. it is not networked.

Um, aren't you assuming a particular installation, when the OP hasn't said what he has on-board? This is not necessarily true if one is using an audio panel, in which case the Skyview audio out just goes to an unswitched input, and the audio panel should take care of the rest. At least, that's how I have my GMA-340 wired up and it works fine :) Probably all sorts of different for a Dynon comm setup, but he hasn't told us he has that (yet).

preid

swantson- you are correct, I read the question incorrectly, I thought the question was the copilot alerts werent working, not that the copilot wasnt hearing them. In my response Im assuming page 4-34 that says "If there is more than one display on a SkyView network, you MUST connect all displays’ audio outputs to the same audio panel input to ensure that audio is always heard".
So that does beg the question (again) does the pilot hear the alerts but the copilot does not? can the copilot hear ATC and everything else? etc..

pacecapt

It is now working not sure why...Panel setup is: SV VHF COM Radio, SV-INTERCOM-2S (2-Place Stereo Intercom). Pilot and CO-pilot intercom is working and both could TX and RX over the Radio. It was just that the CO-pilot was not hearing the Dynon announcements. Not sure what changed but it is not working...thanks for your inputs.