Dynon Audio Out to Intercom?

WesRagle

Hi Guys,
I am studying wiring. The Dynon has audio out left and right. The intercom's (PM300) unswitched audio input appears to be mono. Should I wire left OR right? Does Dynon output left or right separately for certain functions? What to do?

Thanks,

Wes

maartenversteeg

I love flying!
It's all described in the manual; Dynon states that both Audio outputs for a mono system should be tied together and then connected to the intercom input, if there are multiple Dynon units all output pairs from all Dynon pairs should be tied together and all together to the single audio panel input pin

WesRagle

It's all described in the manual; Dynon states that both Audio outputs for a mono system should be tied together and then connected to the intercom input, if there are multiple Dynon units all output pairs from all Dynon pairs should be tied together and all together to the single audio panel input pin
Thanks,

Found it on page 4-20.

Wes

Rhino

To answer your other question, Dynon provides stereo output so those with twin engines or two EMS modules can get different alerts in each ear. Everyone else (probably 99%) just ties pins 13 and 31 together on the HDX.

Although it isn't in the PM3000 manual (I assume you meant 3000), PS Engineering commonly recommends a 10 ohm inline resistor for other audio sources to prevent loading or damaging. It's up to you of course, but I consider it pretty cheap insurance.

PS Engineering also commonly recommends only grounding audio wiring at the intercom end. This usually has no effect unless you have induced noise issues, so it's commonly ignored without any problem. Just mentioning in case you actually do experience noise issues.