Dynon D100/Autopilot  passes IPC

GlassGuy

I took my Biannual flight review today... my instrument instructor is also a designated examiner and therefore gives a lot of check rides in C-150s etc...very boring I presume.

In the past, my reviews with him are not very intense, and always very relaxed, says he sees me at our airport, flying all the time, and is not worried particularly about my abilities, and that my check ride is more of a formality. He just loves flying in my homebuilt says it’s really different, like a kid in a candy store drooling, likes to watch me demonstrate all the stuff it will do… he especially likes my Dynon D100 / gns430, autopilot set up. I showed him how the auto pilot would do a coupled approach. We did some other instrument work too just to kill the required time. I didn’t ask him, but when he gave me back my log book, I noticed that he signed off the IPC (instrument proficiency check) as well as the BFR ...so I'm good to go and on instruments too.. I didn't do any of the instrument flying on the approach….. didn't even touch the controls....the Dynon autopilot did a fantastic job holding the ILS ...so I guess I passed the BFR and the Dynon/Autopilot passed the IPC.

jseilbach

I love flying!
I thought the Dynon AP was not able to shoot an ILS?  or did it only track the horizontal and you manually flew the vertical portion?