Dynon d180 irregularities

briaan1964

Hello my d180 flightdek has developed issues with the OAT ,airspeed and altutude readings that appear together on the screen below the IAS window , they are racing up and down all over the place except at idle ,however the airspeed window and altitude windows are correct as is the airspeed ribbon. it seems that rpm is causing theses readings to race.Any ideas.?
NB;at the time of the pic i was at 3500ft doing 110 knots
IMG20200608101416.jpg

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Most likely an issue with the OAT sensor itself. If that's wrong (which it certainly is in the pictures), the other information will be wrong. I'd probably start there. Do you know whether you have the one connected to the EMS or the EFIS side of the D180?

briaan1964

hello thanks for the reply, is there a way to test the oat sensor , i suspected it also.
Im unsure atm if its connected to the ems or efis side i will have to check on the weekend.
Did you note that even with only the d180 turned on it is showing 70deg c as well as weird da and airspeed.
Could it be just an earth ?
Regards bryan

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It could be a wiring issue, but most likely the actual probe has failed in some way. Testing depends on which probe you have (the 3 wire or 2 wire)