Dynon Obstacles/Charts/Software downloads

Corefile

Does it matter where one downloads these updates from - I just noticed that you have two sites to download them. Your dynonavionics.com site and dynoncertified.com site, both have charts and software downloads.

Is there any difference in the downloads - for the charts or the software updates? Is there non-certified and certified versions?

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
There are certified versions and certified versions of our products. If you have a homebuilt or LSA, you should use the files on www.dynonavionics.com. If you have a type certificated aircraft, you use the files on www.dynoncertified.com. Note that there are warnings on the download pages to help make sure you're in the right place.

bob m

Hmm. I must be missing something. I have been using the homebuilt downloads at dynonavionics.com. I would have gone to the Certified Site had I seen any of the "warnings" and I didn't even know that the Certified Site had downloads. I still can't find a warning there, but will download at the proper place next time. So far, I haven't had any problems with the data (at least I don't think so).

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So the warning is for the actual software downloads (see below). The databases are actually identical, even though it's best to stay on the certified side if you have a type certificated aircraft, and on the experimental side if you have one of those.

1595373932076.png