Dynon Serial to Gray Code Convertor - Setup Info

Canadian_JOY

Hi There,

It seems my memory is failing me. I was certain I had seen in one of the discussions here the description of the proper settings to be used to make the Dynon-furnished serial-to-graycode convertor work. I've searched and can't find this post so maybe my old brain is playing tricks on me. I know search engines and I don't get along to well so that's a likely culprit, too!

Would you please provide me with the appropriate settings on the EFIS D100 to use to ensure the D100 talks the right language to the Dynon convertor unit, and in turn that I get the right altitude info on my GTX320 transponder?

Also, since a similar search of the installation manual that shipped with the D100 didn't cover this topic at all, would you please ensure the next iteration of the installation manual clearly delineates the proper settings so that others don't have to bug you for this info again (and so I will have a more permanent record of this info for future reference)?

Thanks for your help!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Re: Dynon Serial to Gray Code Convertor - Setup In

Page 5-13 of the D100 install guide (rev B) covers this:

http://dynonavionics.com/downloads/Install_Guides/100478_-_Rev_B_-_EFIS-D100_Installation_Guide_-_text-_web.pdf

Basically, you just need to set the output format to "1".

Canadian_JOY

Re: Dynon Serial to Gray Code Convertor - Setup In

Thanks for the reply. I guess it's the speed reader in me that missed the cryptic "EFIS-D100 Format Enable" title in the installation manual. Or maybe it's the old geezer in me who needs glasses... :eek: