Dynon SkyView Autopilot Expert tracks left

TurbineFlyer

I love flying!
Plane has dual Dynon Skyviews and works fine. The HSI is driven by an Garmin 430 WAAS. Autopilot tracks well but on short final on both GPS WAAS and ILS it tracks left of course visually by about a hundred yards. It also does not follow the VNAV locked on. It pitches up and down smoothly but eventually looses the Glideslope. I've adjusted the Sensitivity until I'm blue in the face. Tracks fine until VNAV then drifts left and does not pitch correctly. Is there a SkyView adjustment or is this likely to be Garmin related or just me?

DBRV10

What lane? What settings?

Is the servo linkage on the inner most hole (without going over centre) and is the torque at 100%?

If you fiddle with just some of the variables you can get gains all screwed up.

Our experience is it tracks remarkably well with a Garmin ARINC input. :)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Approaches, especially as you get very close, are where things get toughest for the autopilot. How close in on short final does this happen? And this is on an LPV or other WAAS approach, true, and not an ILS? If the HSI course isn't set to the proper approach course, that could affect the lateral component of the approach.

A few thoughts: Have you tuned using the autopilot in-flight tuning guide? If not, that's the single best thing you can do to start. I'll also check with our engineering team to see if they have any other thoughts here.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
In particular, the airspeed hold part of the tuning guide is particularly tied to VNAV performance.

TurbineFlyer

I love flying!
Capstan Servo for pitch and roll. LVP approach. Autopilot tuning at least 4 times (over an hour). Loss of glide slope following is very disconcerting and every approach done is well left of course only within about 1.5 miles.
Is there and adjustment for course in the Garmin or the Dynon for this type thing? I've don at least 12 approaches and not one has been right on with autopilot.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Probably the best thing to do is get us a datalog of the approach. Within an hour of SkyView being on after the approach, go into the setup menu, choose SYSTEM SOFTWARE with a USB drive inserted, and then EXPORT DYNON DIAGNOSTIC FILE.

Then send us an email and we can tell you how to upload it, and our Autopilot guys here can look at it and see what is going on.