Dynon SV-trimamp in stock.. But no shipping?

prepperpilot

Trying to finalize my panel upgrade. Need SVTrimamp. My dealer said it's in stock but Dynon cannot ship. Some kind of "upgrade" on the component.?
Anyone have any idea?
Thx
Chris

Rhino

What kind of trim motor are you using? The trimamp is only used for trim motors that draw greater than two amps. Never heard of one of those on an experimental.

Marc_J._Zeitlin

What kind of trim motor are you using? The trimamp is only used for trim motors that draw greater than two amps. Never heard of one of those on an experimental.
There are some. I've run into a number. Just be glad you're not using Garmin servos - they have a 1A limit, and if you even get close to 1A, you burn up the servo. Yeesh. For those installs, I use TCW's amplifier - can then use any motor up to 10A, IIRC. I verify the stall current of the trim motor before hooking them up to either Dynon or Garmin systems, just to be sure...

prepperpilot

Yes. Airplane has never had electric trim installed. Old school vernier was romoved. So it needs it according to my avionics pro.

Rhino

So it looks like the best bet would be to go with a lower power trim motor that doesn't require a trimamp. Alternatively, you could spend more money and go with something like the TCW that Marc suggested. He is correct that it's rated up to 10 amps.

prepperpilot

Thanks to all. Mentioned your suggestions to my avionics guy. Still wants me to install Dynon stuff. It talks better with Sky view components.
Still have not heard from Dynon. Weird.

Rhino

Did you send them a message? They don't check here very frequently.