EDC/OAT Installation

gbabcock

I have an EFIS-D10 and I'm trying to install the EDC-10 and OAT. I built the EDC cable and successfully tested the EDC (magnet near the EDC affects indicated heading). I wired in the OAT and got a reading on the EFIS, but it was not reading accurately. The calibration could not correct it, and the indicated DA was also wrong.

I read in this forum that this could be a problem with the firmware version of the EFIS being different than the EDC. I had previously upgraded the EFIS firmware to 1.12 without the EDC connected, so this was the case with my units. I downloaded the Support Program (v2.4.3) and ran it. It showed the firmware versions of both the EFIS and the EDC. I then backed up the old firmware and ran the upgrade to 1.13 with the EDC connected.

Once the upgrade was complete the EFIS came up, but the EDC did not. The Support Program says the EFIS is now 1.13, but the EDC is "not detected". I did a cold start of the system but no joy. I tried restoring the backed up firmware but this didn't restore the EDC either.

Can you help me?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If you're sure that there is connectivity between the EFIS and EDC, then the compass may indeed not be working. If you were connecting/disconnecting the EDC while troubleshooting, make sure that all the pins that go to it still have continuity back to the 25 pin end of the harness. Also, to eliminate the possiblity of electrical damage to the EDC-D10, it is best to remove the 25 pin connector from the back of the EFIS before connecting or disconnecting the compass.

If no amount of troubleshooting brings the EDC back to life, give us a call at 425-402-0433 and we can set up a warranty return so you can send it in for repair.

gbabcock

Thanks for the quick reply. I was not connecting/disconnecting during the troubleshooting, but I will verify the connections. If that doesn't work I'll give you a call.

Thanks!

ziggy

Hi,

may I return my OAT probe gen. 1 and my EDC for a warranty return ?
I tried everything and it seems that the upgrade to 2.17 of my D10A did not
upgrade my EDC. My OAT probe is faulty since the first day of installation when
I still had the D10. Indication is in the range of 52°C all the time.

I tried to call with no success.

brgds

ziggy, RV8 flying

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Hi Ziggy,

Our phones were indeed down for a good part of yesterday. Give us a call at 425-402-0553 to see if there's anything we can have you do before we have the parts back for warranty repair.