EFIS/EMS PC Datalogging Software

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dynon customers may be interested to hear that there is now third-party software available which allows you to log and store data output by the EFIS-D10/D10A/D100 and EMS-D10. This software is not supported by us, and we have not tested it out. However, based on the description, it looks like it would be a big help to anyone who wants to do more with the data output by the serial port on our products.

You may find the software here:
http://www.iflyez.com/EFISRecorder.htm

R

Richard Glick(Guest)

I find this to be worth trying out. Since I am not flying yet I will need to bench test it for now. Say, at Oshkosh I was talking to a Company (Can't recall the name) that provided Statistical Software for just this reason. They mentioned that they had talked to you Guys about providing a Software package (Supported by Dynon) for Stats. Is this true? Can we expect something like this to happen soon? Whomever it was, they had a real nice package.

Thanks

Richard Glick
Slinger, WI
RV7A
Working on Canopy

waiter

WAITERS EFIS/EMS/GPS recorder.

I originally wrote this to handle all the datalogging chores of the Dynon EFIS and EMS systems during a flight, This worked out so well, I decided to add data from a GPS receiver to the file.

Download and use the recorder. Please keep me advised on its usefullness, e-mail me a copy of a flight data file.

If you think of a feature that would enhance its usefullness, by all means, let me know.

Waiter
www.iflyez.com

waiter

EFIS seconds don’t start at ZERO – Dynon EFIS seconds are broken into 64 parts, 00 – 63. A “00” doesn’t start a new second, there seems to be a slight delay, and new second actually starts at about 05 or 06..  Look at the EFSI clock that was recorded in “Real Time”.

15:04:29.62

15:04:29.63

15:04:29.00

15:04:29.01

15:04:29.02

15:04:29.03

15:04:29.04

15:04:29.05

15:04:30.06

15:04:30.07

15:04:30.08

15:04:30.09

I've seen it start as early as "01" and as late as "08". I initially thought it was a timing aberration in my recorder, but I also see this in the raw serial stream!

USE CAUTION if you do a SORT by EFIS time, This could screw up your data analysis

Waiter

waiter

I added a small routine in my recorder that should correct the misguided  "00 to 63" problem.  Anytime the recorder see's a new second in the EFIS data, it resets an internal counter to zero. The counter is then incremented every time a new data set is parsed. This counter is then used in place of the original "00 - 63".  

The only negative consequences I can think of would be if you were running some other type of recording system, and comparing my data with the other systems data based on the time stamp.

I'll test it this afternoon

NOTE: I need to think about this, I may just add another data field to the recorder and label it "CORRECTED EFIS TIME".  

Waiter

R

Richard Glick(Guest)

Waiter,

I've been messing around with the Data in Excel Charts. Since I am not flying yet I fudged some of the data for the sake of having some fluctuating lines. It looks pretty nice. I don't have enough Charting background to make this data sing but maybe someone will write something for your output.

One thing noticed when I downloaded to 3.0. It didn't seem to be an upgrade because all my old configurations where wiped out. Oh well.. Keep up the good work.

Richard Glick
Slinger, WI
RV7A, Canopy

waiter

Sorry about that! I renamed the program to better fit the functions. When I did that, it now stores the INI file in a new location.

Keep me posted on your status.

Waiter

E

Etienne(Guest)

How many data frames per second does the D100 send out? Is it one every 64th of a second (approx) - or in other words, once per timing-clock cycle?

Thanks
Etienne

E

Etienne(Guest)

Thanks for replying to both sides of my cross-post ::)

Etienne

N747PW

I have looked, unsuccesfully, for the data format of the data logging output. Where can I find it? I'm interested in replacing my King compass and gyro and this may be a solution.

Thx

Pat

ghostriver

Hi, I went out and connected my USB MS GPS from MS Streets and Trips 2006 and the serial connections to the EFIS 10A and EMS 10 and the program downloaded all the data as advertised. I followed the instructions and it all came up in MS Excel. Never having used Excel before I eventually highlighted the fields I wanted graphed and deleted fields like Egt 5 and 6 etc. as I have a 0-320, clicked on the graph button and wound up with a usable graph. Now I will be able to trend monitor.

Thanks for the info and program.
Cheers Bob.