EFIS not busmaster

resojames

I have installed a10A a sv32 and s42. I have done the compass setup, airspeed entrys and dsab cofiguration.  It recognises the autopilot in the status page.  However, when I go to the servo setup, it says "screen disabled because efis not busmaster" 10A firmware is 5.4. wrote an e-mail with same question, didn't think I would be allowed to get on forum so soon.I

Any suggestions?
Thanks, Andy McCain

resojames

After agin reading the instructions, I don't know if the efis is recognizing the servos or not. In the status page is says"efis can provide:busmaster:efis:compass:autopilot

I don't know if this means it does or doesn't recognize the autopilot. I still get the "screen disabled because efis not busmaster.

Thanks.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
If the servos and EFIS-D10A were bought at different times, you may need to update the firmware on the servos (by updating the EFIS with the servos connected and powered up) to get them to 5.4.

The status that you're seeing is just a generic "what can this EFIS do, if the right things are connected to it". It isn't telling you that it IS acting as the AP. When you do the DSAB configuration, if you're seeing 3 devices found, then it's seeing the servos. If not, then it's not seeing the servos at all. When you go to DSAB status, as well, you should be able to scroll through the EFIS and both servos.

I'd first confirm you have power and DSAB connected to the servos, and if you're sure of that, and are still stuck, give us a call at 425-402-0433.

resojames

I went back and used a ohm meter and traced each wire to the servos. I found that one of the signal wires was shorted to ground. When I stripped the outer cover of of the shielded wire, I had nicked the wire and it was shorted to the shield. When I fixed this it came up on the wcreen. In fact I flew it late yesterday and everything worked. Thanks.

Andy