EGT Reading

PeterBain

My engine has just been blueprinted and is running like a dream (Jabiru 3300 6 cylinder)
the EGT's are all reading well within the parameters but when the throttle is wide open the no 6 EGT runs right over 800' and if i pull the throttle back 100 RPM it runs down as fast as it ran up back to its norm again.
It runs up and down at about 2 degrees per second
I know the answer is to swop over the probes but they are so well bundled together that if have decided to order a new probe.
This problem occurred at the factory and the entire engine was scrutinised but the fault could not be found.
According to the AMO if this engine goes over 800' on the EGT the engine should blow a valve but so far the engine is sill runnning good.
I am almost 99% sure this is a problem probe, but as this probe was good when it went for the service i am wondering if anybody can throw light on to what could have caused the probe to go faulty if this is indeed the problem.
Any ideas?
I should have the new probe in about a weeks time!
Is there anything i can do to remedy the situation?

preid

Check the connection on that probe. Sounds like a loose connection. I have had spiking issues that were resolved with a tighter re-connection. Works fine now.

PeterBain

When i replace the probe do i replace only the probe and reconnect to existing wire or do i get new probe with wire and plug in as before?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
You get everything down to and including the spade connector.