EMAG-P TACH Wring

skypilot1104

I love flying!
I am setting up a "Dual" EMAG-P Lycoming O-360A1A, skyview, EMS 220. I ran one tach lead from the left emag, but I am not sure exactly how to wire it to the EMS? The EMAG default output is 12v and 2 pulses /rev.

mmarien

Murray M.
Best way is to use wire 6 from the E-MAG to the EMS rather than using the p-lead (wire 4). Wire 6 is made to supply a pulse to an EFIS. You don't need the resistors mentioned in the Skyview Installation manual.

The left E-MAG wire 6 is connected to EMS pin 32 and the right E-MAG wire 6 is connected to EMS pin 33. You really only need one wired to the EMS as the pulse doesn't stop when you ground the p-lead. The E-MAG instructions recommend only connecting one E-MAG, but the Dynon is made to use both connections. I used both connections.

You also need to set the pulse to 2 in the Skyview setup. In the Skyview SETUP MENU, go to EMS SETUP > ENGINE INFORMATION. You can set the pulse there.

Good choice of electronic ignition. :cool: I've put a couple hundred hours time on mine. Made a big difference in starting, performance and fuel economy.

skypilot1104

I love flying!
Thank you... for the reply. I am getting ready for first engine start and just wanted to make sure all was setup properly. Thanks again...

65xx

Just as another data point. I have dual P-Mags, SV1000, O-360 on my -9A. I also ran both tach leads frrom the P-Mags to the appropriate pins on the EMS-220 37-pin connector and got erratic RPM readings with 2 pluses/rev. I deleted the Left P-Mag tach lead from the setup screen and everything is back to normal. Don't know why probably PFM, Dan