EMS 120 AMMETER READOUT FLUCTUATING RAPIDLY

Ronsim

I love flying!
Just finished my 120 install (love it!) and replaced eight panel engine instruments. Everything working well (have not calibrated fuel tanks yet - tomorrow's project) except the ammeter readout. I am using the GRT CS-01 Hall Effect sensor on the cable coming from the alternator. The EMS reading increases/decreases with aircraft load, but the reading continually fluctuates, rapidly, any where from 5-10 amps, or more. I have used a clamp-on DC ammeter on the line at the same time and it has a steady reading on it.

RV-6A, 180HP, CS

Ron

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
So first, make sure its output is actually going to pin 24, normally the amps high input. Also, make sure that the sensor type is set to 2. The OFFSET setting is used to "calibrate" the CS-01 (as each is different), but it shouldn't be that variable.

Ronsim

I love flying!
Thanks for the reply --- I am certain that I am going to the Amps "High" pin and the sensor type is set to "2" ------ What "offset" should I be seeing?

(Calibrated fuel tanks today -- boy, Dynon sure makes the setup of the 120 straight forward)

UPDATE: -- Checked Pin 24 hookup and sensor 2 -- also tried different "offset" settings, from 0-8 --- No joy! --- I will start moving things around and see what might work -- everything else working great!

Thanks,

Ron